It's been a big week for Rosie O'Donnell, who is starting up her show on once-rival Oprah Winfrey's new TV network, OWN. Oprah, who has had a much more successful career and has achieved levels unimaginable to all other talk show hosts bar Ellen, approached Rosie earlier in the year and landed her as one of the first shows on her network.
Earlier this week, Rosie announced that Russell Brand, a minor celebrity that no one cares about, will be the first guest on Rosie's new show. There was a lot of media hype surrounding the announcement, which led many to believe that this show has a chance of becoming successful, which would be a first for Ms. O'Donnell. However, all that media hype, combined with yet another picture of Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez within 500 meters of each other, overshadowed the real news for Rosie, who published a complete list of guests yesterday.
Following the episode with Mr. Brand, the list for week 1 goes as follows:
- A Wedding Cake: Rosie will interview a 4-tier wedding cake and then eat it.
- Buddy Valestro from Carlo's Bakery, who will be interviewed before he bakes a cake for Rosie, who will then eat it.
- The neighbor of Snooki: because Rosie isn't at a Snooki-level yet.
- Rush Limbaugh: will be interviewed and then will compete with Rosie in a cake eating contest to see who can eat a 6 layer cake in the shortest amount of time.
- The Sugar Plum Fairies: Rosie will interview the sugar plum fairies from some show and then try really hard to not eat them.
- The Annoying Orange: Rosie will do a youtube-styled interview in a last ditch attempt to generate an audience. After the interview, Rosie plans to eat an orange-flavored cake in his honor.
- Due to lack of interest and ratings and a flat-lining audience stuck at 0, the Rosie show will no longer air new episodes. Rosie will be given a 10 foot tall cake as a severance package.